Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Top 5 Most Wanted Games on Virtual Console

I know everyone has their own list of games they would like to see on each platforms respective services, but I've never told you what I would like to see on them. I'm going to talk about Virtual Console today and let you know the top 5 games that I want to be able to download. These are in no particular order.

Duck Tales
There are few games that I remember more fondly than the NES version of Duck Tales. The music from areas like the moon are some of the greatest bits of audio magic I've ever heard. The platforming areas were all amazingly solid and you could use Scrooge's cane to bounce off enemies and reach extremely high areas of the level. It's one of the few times that a good licensed property met a great game developer and Nintendo should get together with Capcom and Disney to make this happen.

Mega Man X3
1995's final Mega Man game on the Super Nintendo is one of those games I never actually owned, but played when I was visiting friends. It was one of the first experiences I ever had with Mega Man, which may be why I enjoy this game so much. It was the end of an era really, the last game in the franchise to use a password save system. The Super Nintendo had a way of bringing games to life that the NES couldn't do and while Mega Man looked great on the NES, he was amazing in the Super Nintendo versions of the game. Hopefully Capcom will finish getting these games on the Virtual Console so people can complete their Mega Man collection.

Earthbound
Now that I'm done with my Capcom love fest, let's move on to some other games. Earthbound is a game I've never played. I don't know anything about the franchise other than it has a couple of kids named Lucas and Ness, and only one game in the franchise ever came to America. This is one of those games I want to play simply to find out what everyone is talking about. This game is on most wanted lists everywhere and people talk about how great the game is. I don't know. I've never played it. I didn't know who Lucas and Ness were until Smash Bros. I just want to be able to finally see what the big deal is.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game
My brother worked at an arcade when I was in my early gaming years and I can remember hours of time and my immense amounts of wealth as a kid playing this game after the arcade had closed. I own the NES version of this game, but there is nothing like being able to get three of your friends together and mashing your way through this game. The bright colors and simple controls made for an extremely fun experience. I know this game is out on the Xbox Live Arcade, but I don't own a 360 and want to play this game in its original form, not the bastardized NES version.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
When you talk about great platforming games in the history of video games you cannot forget about Yoshi's platforming debut. This game, while it was technically a sequel in name to Super Mario World, was completely different than its predecessor. The role reversal made for some extremely unique gameplay due to Yoshi's ability to do things Mario simply can't do. This game has seen a spiritual sequel on the DS, but like so many things, it can't compare to the original. The crayon-like hand drawn art brought Yoshi's world to life and the music is simply unforgetable. Even Mario's annoying cry is somehow soothing to an old gamers ear. This game absolutely deserves another console release whether its this version of the game on the Virtual Console or a brand new WiiWare experience.

There you have it. The five games I want to see most on the Virtual Console. I will not hide the fact that Yoshi's Island is my most wanted game on the service, but the others are all equally as deserving to see a release as well. There are many more games out there that could and have been named, but these are the ones I want to see most. Let me know what games you're looking forward to and if you agree or disagree with my list.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online