Thursday, August 13, 2009

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Available on PSN Today


The wait is over for PlayStation 3 owners as Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is available today through PSN or through a limited retail release exclusively at GameStop in North America for $14.99.

The GameStop retail box includes a redemption code to download the game over PSN and a code for a month's subscription of digital comics at Marvel.com.

Only 15,000 copies of the retail box are available, so get moving.
Source:Press e-mail

I am posting this today, not because it relates directly to Nintendo, but because I really like the premise behind what they're doing. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 will be available as a digital download through the PSN store as well as through a limited release at Gamestop. If you buy the game at Gamestop you do not get a physical copy of the game but you get a download code for the game, a month's subscription to Marvel Digital Comics and an eight page manual. This gives people who like to collect the cases for the art and the manuals a physical thing and gives you a physical manual for the game that you can pull out if you need it.

Wii's online manuals are not easily accessible as you have to get out of the game and log onto the Wii Shop Channel to view the game's manual. I would love to be able to go into a store, buy the game and get a physical thing in my hand, but still have the game on my hard drive. I am a huge proponent of digital downloads and would love to get rid of physical media that can be lost or broken. I find it really convenient to pull up my SD card menu on the Wii and see a nice list of cover art and games that I can just click on to load.

I am looking forward to the day of no physical media, but I am also in the position where I like to have physical manuals for all my games. Right now the only option is to find it online, copy it all down by hand from the Wii Shop Channel or just live with the fact that they're not easy to access.

This is going to be an interesting test title and I, for one, hope that it works out and we see more games doing something like this

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online