Monday, August 24, 2009

A Positive GameStop Experience


Gamestop takes a lot of flack for being this evil corporation that everyone should hate. Sometimes that may be the case, but I find it to be rare. I don't trade a lot of games because I enjoy collecting the games I have, but I do occasionally use their service and I do have an Edge card. Their persistance paid off and one day I finally said yes, if nothing it'll get them to stop asking for a while. I know my Gamestop guys as I go in there about once a week.

Anyway, I want to relate a positive experience I had recently, because it seems there aren't enough of those to go around. Last Friday I decided to go in and get the new Madden game on the Wii. That was a mistake. I took the game home, played it for a couple of hours and realized it was missing many of the things that I would expect from a Madden game. I'm not a big fan of Madden, I'm what you would call a casual player. The last version of the game I owned was Madden '06 on the Gamecube. I have played every year, but never bought the game myself. I was intrigued by the new art style, which I do love by the way, so I decided to give it a go.

After the couple of hours of playing I decided I really didn't like it and wanted to take it back. I called Gamestop and the guy I talked to remembered selling me the game earlier. I explained that I really didn't like it, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting and I asked if I could return it for another game. He said he could do it only if it wasn't opened. I said well it was opened when I bought it so I wouldn't have had that opportunity. After a few minutes of talking he said, "I tell you what, if you bring it back in ask for me and I'll take care of you."

I ended up taking the game back and he and the other guy behind the counter were surprised at how different it was from the other versions of the game, because they hadn't really heard a lot about the Wii version. I traded it straight across for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, which is absolutely amazing and was sealed, by the way. They did say that if I opened that game and didn't like it they would only be able to take it back as used, which I completely understood because I would have opened the game myself. It was a very positive experience and I have no problems using Gamestop. The guys in my local store are always friendly and haven't been pushy, or rude or acted like they knew things they didn't really know.

I just wanted to let everyone out there know that it's not all negative news when it comes to Gamestop.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online